Honored Alumni & Friends
We have the good fortune to be able to recognize individuals, both alumni and friends, for the significant contributions they provide to the college and the Foundation. Each year we honor individuals in three categories:
Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award
The Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award was established to honor, promote, and recognize alumni who have brought recognition and pride to the college community through their achievements in their chosen profession or in service to their community. It is also used to honor those that have made unusual contributions to the college, demonstrating outstanding leadership and promoting a positive collegiate atmosphere.
Each year, a committee chooses one or more alumni to receive the Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award based on the following criteria:
- Success in chosen career
- Professional service
- Community service
- Nominee must be alumni of Cowley College
Our 2019 Recipient
Mark McCaslin, a highly decorated retired police captain, was recently honored by Cowley College by being named the recipient of the Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award.
Throughout his career, Captain McCaslin demonstrated commitment to the public, the department, the City, and held himself to the highest of standards. His dedication, professionalism and years of faithful service are a benchmark for others to strive to achieve.
The Ambassador Award was created to honor, promote and recognize individuals who:
- Have provided sustained volunteer or other services that significantly benefited the college and community, or through philanthropic work to Cowley College.
- The award may be given to friends, alumni, faculty, staff, or administrators of the college for service and/or support of the college.
Our 2018 Ambassador Award Recipients
During the 2018 Cowley College Foundation banquet, Dr. Gregg presented the Ambassador Award to Bob and JoLynn Foster. The award recognizes individuals who have given significant volunteer and other contributions to both Cowley College and the community, and consistently give of themselves and their time to make the community better.
Young Achiever Award
The Young Achiever Award was established to honor, promote and recognize alumni who:
- Have had success in their educational achievements, careers, and community service, and/or service to Cowley College.
- Individual(s) age is 40 or younger.
- This award may be given to alumni, faculty, or staff. Nominee must be alumnus/alumna of Cowley College.
Our 2018 Young Achiever Recipient
During the 2018 Cowley College Foundation banquet, Courtney (Crain) Sendall was announced as the recipient of the Young Achiever Award. The award recognizes individuals age 40 or younger that have had success in their educational achievements, careers and community service, and/or service to Cowley College.