Honored Alumni & Friends
We have the good fortune to be able to recognize individuals, both alumni and friends, for the significant contributions they provide to the college and the Foundation. Each year we honor individuals in three categories:
Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award
The Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award was established to honor, promote, and recognize alumni who have brought recognition and pride to the college community through their achievements in their chosen profession or in service to their community. It is also used to honor those that have made unusual contributions to the college, demonstrating outstanding leadership and promoting a positive collegiate atmosphere.
Each year, a committee chooses one or more alumni to receive the Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award based on the following criteria:
- Success in chosen career
- Professional service
- Community service
- Nominee must be alumni of Cowley College
Our 2021 Recipient
John Sturd is a life-long resident of Arkansas City. He is a graduate of Arkansas City High School and Cowley College. He has gone on to forge a successful career in banking and currently serves as Arkansas City Market President for RCB Bank. The well-liked Sturd was recently recognized for his philanthropic work by being named the recipient of Cowley College’s Outstanding Tiger Alumni Award.
The Ambassador Award was created to honor, promote and recognize individuals who:
- Have provided sustained volunteer or other services that significantly benefited the college and community, or through philanthropic work to Cowley College.
- The award may be given to friends, alumni, faculty, staff, or administrators of the college for service and/or support of the college.
Our 2019 Ambassador Award Recipient
During the 2019 Cowley College Foundation banquet, Dr. Gregg presented the Ambassador Award to Rama Peroo. The award recognizes individuals who have given significant volunteer and other contributions to both Cowley College and the community, and consistently give of themselves and their time to make the community better.
Young Achiever Award
The Young Achiever Award was established to honor, promote and recognize alumni who:
- Have had success in their educational achievements, careers, and community service, and/or service to Cowley College.
- Individual(s) age is 40 or younger.
- This award may be given to alumni, faculty, or staff. Nominee must be alumnus/alumna of Cowley College.
Our 2019 Young Achiever Recipient
During the 2019 Cowley College Foundation banquet, Avery Osen was announced as the recipient of the Young Achiever Award. The award recognizes individuals age 40 or younger that have had success in their educational achievements, careers and community service, and/or service to Cowley College.